Looking for building energy and performance data? UBC Energy & Water Services makes all of its data freely available online, via the SkySpark platform.
SkySpark consists of a suite of applications to provide data analysis or access to the data. The guest account can access five such apps:
- the Buildings app gives snapshots of building performance, and allows for download of utility data;
- the Energy app allows for comparison of energy use between buildings, as well as baselining and weather or area normalization;
- the Historian app allows viewing of one or more trends, as well as simple regression modeling;
- the KPI app gives a quick comparison between buildings on a number of key metrics; and
- the Weather app shows present, forecasted, and historic weather data.
General Notes on Use of SkySpark
- If only the “Home” app appears on login, be sure to click “UBC” on the left-hand side.
- Each individual app may consist of several different views, which can be selected by clicking the appropriate tab along the top of the page.
- At any time, a view within SkySpark can be exported using a button near the top right corner. The pdf or image file generated can be either downloaded or emailed. If the view is comprised of a single dataset, csv and excel files are also available as possible export files.
How to Log In
Find SkySpark and log in here, using the username “guest” and password “guest”.