UBC’s Energy and Water Services (EWS) is responsible for several energy projects and programs that are saving UBC significant amounts of energy and associated operational costs.
Since 2011, Energy and Water Services (EWS) has reduced annual campus electrical use by over 13.4 gigawatt hours (GWh), equivalent to shutting down our Vancouver campus for 2.5 weeks. We’ve also saved 143,000 gigajoules (GJ) of natural gas, equivalent to taking 1600 cars off the road!
Below is a list of some of the projects that have contributed to energy savings and efficiencies at UBC.
- Chemistry North Heat Recovery Coils
- Chemistry Centre Heat Recovery Chiller
- I. K. Barber Learning Centre Energy Conservation Measures
- Life Sciences Continued Optimization & Energy Story
- Forest Science Center Retrofits
- Museum of Anthropology
- Chemistry North, Fumehood Optimization