Please refer to the “Design Review and Construction Coordination Information Package” found with UBC’s Technical Guidelines Division 2 specifications, which outlines the development processes related to UBC’s utilities infrastructure. The package includes a checklist of UBC Energy and Water Services (EWS) consultant and contractor service requirements.
All the UBC standards that builders are expected to adhere to can be found in the UBC Technical Guidelines. Most underground utilities-specific information is found in the Division 2(mechanical) and Division 16(electrical) guideline documents. Please see below for additional work procedures and forms related to project design and construction coordination requirements.
UBC is part of BC One Call’s Call Before You Dig Program. By submitting a ticket to them, we’ll be able to assist you in locating underground utilities, provided that UBC Campus + Community Planning has issued you a permit.
All Safety and Project Administration policies and procedures can be found on the Building Operations website.
- Disinfect Watermain Breaks
- Natural Gas Service Installation
- 02735s CCTV Pipeline Inspection
- 02736s Cleaning of Sewers
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Test Report – Acrobat PDF
- Building Turnover Information For Utilities – Acrobat PDF
- Energization Requirements Acrobat PDF | Word DOC
- Energization Requirements – Low Voltage Acrobat PDF | Word DOC
- Fire Hydrant Connection Permit – visit Campus & Community Planning
- Irrigation Chamber Service Connection Application – Acrobat PDF | Word DOC
- Manhole Entry Permit Acrobat PDF | Word DOC
- Service Shutdown Request – visit Building Operations
- Temporary Water Connection Permit Acrobat PDF | Word DOC
- Utility Service Agreement Acrobat PDF
- Utility Service Activation Request Acrobat PDF | Word DOC
- Utility Preliminary Service Connection Application Acrobat PDF |Word DOC
- Utility Service Connection Application Acrobat PDF | Word DOC
- Water Quality Complaint Form – Acrobat PDF