UBC’s Energy and Water Services (EWS) is responsible for several energy projects and programs that are saving UBC significant amounts of energy and associated operational costs.
Since 2011, Energy and Water Services (EWS) has reduced annual campus electrical use by over 13.4 gigawatt hours (GWh), equivalent to shutting down our Vancouver campus for three weeks. We’ve also saved 95,000 gigajoules (GJ) of natural gas, equivalent to taking 1000 cars off the road.
Here are some of the projects that have contributed to energy savings and efficiencies at UBC.
- 2014 Centre for Comparative Medicine Boiler Retrofit
- 2014 Biological Sciences West
- 2014 Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 2013 Air Filter Changing
- 2013 Phase 1 of the Building-Tuneup program
- 2013 ICICS/CS Heat Recovery Chiller Retrofit
- 2013 Life Sciences Centre optimizations